Tuesday, March 10, 2009

t -5 pedals and linkage


Three shots with booster and master removed and clutch slug removed.

I could have done a better job of removing the slug.


I only painted the front of the engine bay this time around. Need to get this car running.

I used POR-15 and POR-15 chassis coat. The chassis coat doesn't spread as nicely as I'd like. Could be the temperature.



























I also gave the booster a coat of por-15 and POR-15 black engine paint. The engine paint is a nice product, spreads nicely and, provided you resist the urge to touch it for three days, leaves a really nice coat.




















I pulled the pedals and did the Mustang Steve clutch pedal bearing conversion. Since the shafts go for $50 and the bushings constantly wear out, the conversion seemed to be a long term solution to an aggravating early Mustang / Cougar clutch problem. Steve will do the welding for you, I just preferred to get it done locally. I was lucky, my friend Rob was willing to help me out.


I only had to buy the pedal itself, since the hanger assembly is the same for automatic or manual. The difference is, you have to cut the automatic brake pedal to get things to fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment